All property photos
This enchanting, updated Colonial on the Piedmont side of Montclair, offers flexible, multi-generational living in an elegant package, and features 4+ bedrooms including a gracious primary suite, 3.5 bathrooms, formal living and dining rooms, kitchen/family room combo with two sets of French doors leading to an expansive deck overlooking beautifully manicured gardens, perfect for Al fresco dining. A large apartment with separate entrance, kitchenette, bedroom and living spaces occupies the lower level while an elevator serves all three floors. The manicured grounds, complete with gardening shed, spa, lawn, and bocce ball court provide fun for all ages. Within close proximity to Montclair Village, Sunday Farmers Market, public transit, and easy freeway access, this magnificent home is ideal for easy California living at its finest.
- House is set back from the road with off-street parking and an attached 2-car garage
- Elevator and other structural amenities for older or disabled persons
- Sprinkler system throughout the home, fire-resistant siding, spiral staircase from the deck, two exists from all areas, and other fire safety features
- Natural gas grill on 15'x45' deck, level out from kitchen and family room
- Large home office perfect for working professionals plus a secondary office area
- Built-in entertainment center wall unit in family room
- Fully remodeled primary bath in 2022, heated floor and two toilet closets
- Lower level living unit with 9' ceilings, separate entranceway, hydraulic heating system, and French doors to a deck with easy access to the rear garden
- New kitchenette on the lower level
- Wine storage with racks for more than 450 bottles
- A spa and a small bocce court, both with redwood decks
- Gravel paths with custom handrails throughout the extensive, fully enclosed garden
- Professional landscaping with irrigation and landscape lighting in both front and rear gardens
- Many fruit trees and flowers - 2 Persimmon Haachuya & Fuyu Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit, Apple, Fig, Guava, Pear (non-fruiting)
- A gardening shed with sink
- Two top floors are forced air system, this can also be set to blow cooler air from under the house
- Whole house water filtration system
- Neighborhood watch group
- Security patrol has been hired by the neighborhood
- Skylights in the two upper bedrooms work via remote and close automatically when it rains
- Additional skylights in the upstairs hallway and lower level. These are manually operated.
Tucked away in the wooded hills and winding streets above Oakland, Montclair is a small community with an appealing central shopping district. Sizable custom homes, along with a mix of Mediterranean, Craftsman, and contemporary-style homes are situated on forested lots, offering an elegant retreat from the city.
The Montclair Business District is a throwback to a simpler time before strip malls, megamalls, and big-box stores. Residents can find everything they need, from dry cleaning and groceries to restaurants. Local restaurant favorites include the Montclair Egg Shop, Flipper’s Gourmet Burgers, and Crogan’s Montclair Restaurant. Gourmet specialty items are available at Le Bonbon, and Farmstead Wine and Cheese. A farmers market on Sundays provides fresh local produce and baked goods. Montclair is home to fine-arts festivals throughout the year and a jazz festival in the late summer that enlivens the street scene.